Paying Your Real Estate Taxes

Due to the Pandemic, we would like to inform you of different avenues to pay your Real Estate Taxes as safely as possible, not only for you, but also for our staff.

Payments can be mailed to:        
City of Monroe
1110 18th Avenue
Monroe, WI 53566

 The City of Monroe has two drop boxes: one at the top of the stairs to the left of the main entrance door to City Hall and one across the street from the Post Office – Please make sure you use the White Drop Box.

 We suggest that you put your payment stub and payment in an envelope to secure the information stays together. There is no need for postage on the envelope. These drop boxes are checked on a daily basis.

 If you would like a receipt when using either the mail or the drop box, please include a self‚€addressed, stamped envelope. You can also use the Green County Website to obtain a copy of your receipt. The website is – on the right side under Quick Links, click on the Land Records System tab – fill out a section of the search field (Last Name is probably the easiest) and click the find now tab. Locate the account you are looking for and click on the red parcel number. On the new screen, click on the Select Detail arrow and select Taxes. Click on the year (marked in red) that you would like the receipt for and click on the Printer Friendly tab to print your receipt.

 Credit card payments are accepted with a 2.75% service fee. You may call your card number in to the City Treasurer’s office at (608)329‚€2590 or you can access the PSN website through the City of Monroe’s website Click on I Want To – Pay Utility Bill. If you choose to use a checking or savings account, the service fee will be $1.00.

 At this time, City Hall is still open to the public, Monday‚€Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. We ask that if you choose to pay in person you wear a mask and practice safe social distancing. Our customers are our highest priority and we want everyone to stay safe.

 Please feel free to call (608) 329-2590 if you have any questions or need help navigating either website.