Building Inspection/Property Maintenance
Monday - Thursday
Office open: 7:00am - 3:30pm
Office open: 7:00am-11:00am
Building Inspector/Zoning Administrator
1110 18th Ave
Monroe, Wisconsin 53566
Phone: (608) 329-2518
Meetings by appointment. Please call ahead to make an appointment with the Building Inspector.
The Building Inspection Division is responsible for receiving permit applications; issuing permits; furnishing relevant certificates; examining and inspecting property; ensuring construction is completed safely; enforce all laws relating to the construction, alteration, repair, removal, demolition, equipment, use and occupancy, location and maintenance of buildings; and to issue such notices or orders as may be necessary to enforce compliance with law to remove illegal or unsafe conditions, to secure necessary safeguards during construction, or to require adequate exit facilities in existing buildings and structures.
Submit your building permit application online by following the link below. The City of Monroe accepts only online permit applications.
- Automatic Fire Suppression Systems Application Form
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Fee Schedule
- Green County GIS
- Information for building a garage or shed
- Information on residential fences
- Information on Wisconsin's Carbon Monoxide Detector Law - effective 2/1/2011
- Plot Plan Blank Form
- Lodging House Permit Application
- Guidelines for Parking Recreational Vehicles on Residential Properties
- Plumbers and contractors are required to contact the Water and Wastewater Utilities whenever any work is being done to the water or sanitary sewer systems. View the contractor and plumber spec guide here.
- Property Maintenance Complaint Form
CITY OF MONROE CODE
TITLE 4 BUILDING REGULATIONS - The City of Monroe adopted modified Building Regulations on February 17, 2015. Building regulations include code affecting housing and property maintenance, swimming pools and general building ordinances.