Pool Rules & Regulations
- We are committed to making each visit to the Monroe Pool safe and pleasant. Please review our Rules & Regulations before entering the pool:
- Children seven and under must be accompanied by an adult/guardian over 12 years old in the water (within arms reach) and on deck at all times.
- No diving in any area of the pool except the diving well.
- Patrons MUST take the deep water test to use the diving board or swim in the deep end.
- No horseplay, running, shoving or dunking. Behavior that endangers the safety and well being of yourself and/or other patrons will not be allowed.
- Profane language is not allowed.
All patrons must shower before entering the pool and after using the restroom facilities.
- Patrons having diarrhea, contagious or infectious health conditions and/or open wounds will not be allowed in the pool per the discretion of the lifeguard or pool coordinator.
- Patrons under the influence of alcohol or other drugs will not be allowed in the pool.
- All patrons must wear appropriate swim attire. No cut-off shorts, gym shorts, blue jeans, clothing with rivets, buttons and/or zippers allowed.
- Patrons who are not toilet-trained are required to wear swim diapers in addition to a swim suit. They may be purchased at the front desk.
- Animals are not permitted in the pool area.
- Food, drink, gum and tobacco products are not permitted on the pool deck.
- Glass containers are not permitted in the facility.
- Absolutely no swimming without lifeguards on duty.
- All patrons must follow the directives of and be respectful of the lifeguard or instructor on duty. Failure to do so will result in the patron being asked to leave.
- We are PDA (public display of affection) free “family friendly” facility.
Diving Board & Slide Rules
Patrons must take the deep water test prior to using the diving board.
A diving test will be given each day at 2:00pm break.
- One person on the diving board at a time.
- Patrons using the board must clear the water as quickly as possible.
- Patrons on the board must wait for water to be clear before using the board.
- Dive only from the front of the board.
- Patrons may bounce once per use.
- Dives must be forward facing only.
- No throwing objects down the slide or off boards..
- A rider must be 48” or if under 48” they must be able to swim 10 yards unassisted
As much as we dislike to close the pool, sometimes we must if weather or low attendance dictates the situation. The following conditions will result in closing the pool:
On deck temperature of 65° or less and/or inclement weather is forecasted
If above 65° but less than 20 people are swimming for first hour, the pool will close early.
Sections of the pool such as the water slide or diving well may close if it has low attendance.
GFWC - Woman’s Club Pool Pass
Scholarship Funds Available
With great appreciation and thanks to the GFWC - Monroe Woman’s Club, we will be able to offer Scholarship Funds so qualifying families can purchase pool passes at half price. Applications can be obtained at the Monroe Park & Recreation Office beginning May 1st - June 1st and applications must be accompanied with verification of income to see if you qualify.
Arc Scholarship offered for Special Needs
Families with special needs children get additional $25 off for family pass or a free individual pass through support of Arc, if they qualify for scholarship..
Family Season Pass Guidelines
The definition of a family is any 2 adults (18+) living at the same address and 4 children living at the same address. After 6 family members, there is an additional $5 per person charge. A babysitter may be added for $20.00.
Wading Pool Rules
Our wading pool happily welcomes swimmers who are:
•Under the supervision of a parent or
qualified babysitter at all times
•7 years of age or younger
•Wearing a swim diaper if necessary
•Playing safely in and around the wading pool
Attention Adult Lap Swimmers!
We would like to inform all swimmers that the hours of 5:15 - 6:00pm is not only an opportunity for adults to swim; but
is also a time for our children with special needs to take swim lessons on Mondays and Wednesdays. We will have Water Zumba on Tuesdays & Thursdays. Monroe High School swimmers will be swimming laps. We appreciate your cooperation while all citizens benefit from the Monroe Pool.