2019 Summer School Afternoon Club at Monroe Middle School
Summer School Afternoon Club is a program for children that runs the same weeks and days as Summer School. Children come right from their Summer School class and report to the gym every day at noon, check in with their Afternoon Club instructor and eat lunch.
- Mondays, kids will stay at the Middle School for arts and crafts, games, speakers, special entertainment and walk to Lincoln Park.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, they check in at the gym, and after lunch they will walk to the pool and play at Swiss ALPS Playground.
- Wednesday, they should check in at the gym, eat lunch and will walk to the library for special programs at 2pm.
- Friday, we will have lunch at school and then take a field trip to one of Monroe Parks.
- Fill out a summer school transportation form (below) and turn into
Parks & Recreation Office before June 3rd.
- Students will need to stop and get a t-shirt to wear the first day for staff to help identify kids and bring one labeled can of spray sunscreen for each session. T-shirts are to be worn the first and second day of each session and worn each Wednesday & Friday.
- If your child is NEW to the program, please bring a picture to the Parks & Recreation Office with the registration form.
- Parents need to pack a lunch daily or Summer School is providing a free lunch every day at the Middle School.
- Children must have a pool pass to be admitted into the pool or send money with your child to pay the daily admission fee.
Age: Boys & Girls entering 5K - 6th grade
Day: Monday - Friday
Date: June 17 - July 3 - Session One Summer School (no school July 4th or 5th)
Date: July 8 - July 26 - Session Two Summer School
Time: Noon - 5:00pm, pick up by 5:15pm
Fee: $225 for each three week session (this is approximately $3/hour) Price includes snack provided by Parks & Recreation Department.
Children should bring a water bottle with them each day along with swimsuit and towel on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Location: Middle School cafeteria or gym
Instructors: Monica Crook and other high school/college aides
Payment: We do not offer partial payments for days children are not at the Afternoon Club.
Sign-up: We must have 15 participants by May 1st for the program to continue and we have a limit of 30. This program fills up fast.